Locally Sourced Produce | Our Suppliers
Our Chefs are lucky to have such wonderful produce sitting at our doorstep and we take full advantage of it by using as many local suppliers as we possibly can. Here is a list of current local suppliers:
- Black Pudding from Ritchies in Aultbea
- Cheese from Rory at Highland Cheeses in Tain
- Eggs from Liz at Caithness Free Range Eggs
- Fish and shellfish bought straight from the boats landing at Scrabster Harbour by John of JPL. All our seafood is non pressure stock species caught in sea areas where the stocks are sustainable and even then only when they are in season. We never use fish during their spawning cycle
- Fish again - smoked haddock for breakfast and smoked salmon from John at the Caithness Smokehouse
- Fruit all summer long from Trish Sutherland at Halkirk. The biggest and the tastiest strawberries and raspberries, she also makes our breakfast jams.
- Game from Ardgay Game, Ross-shire
- Meat from Neil and Geraldine Harrold from Harrold's Family Butcher in Wick and they supply us with local Mey selections beef and lamb and some game from the local estates. They also make our delicious breakfast sausages. You can find out more at Mey Selections.
- Oysters from Angela at the Kyle of Tongue
- Salmon farmed organically in Lerwick in Shetland - unless one of our fishers wants us to cook one they have landed from the Forss?
- Vegetables from Munro's of Tain